Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

Day One

Just learning about blogging but here goes.  This may be repeated but if it is I'll try to correct that later:


After working most of my life and raising a couple of beautiful daughter, I retired. One thing I miss about the work is the organizational schedule -- always knowing where you had to be and when. I began setting goals and making a schedule. Art had always been an inspiration in my life but I never seemed to have enough time. Now I do. I recently hears of a group of artists who are challenging themselves towards progress and perseverance by painting a picture each day and selling it for a very reasonable amount with 10 percent going to a charity. I wanted to join this challenge; however because I take care of my 90 year old mother I may not be able to paint every day. I decided to go for one painting a week for 50 weeks. Each painting will be priced for $50 and from each painting sold I will contribute $5.00 to the Taylor Senior Citizens Center in Taylor, Alabama. This Center is a place where senior citizens come together for fellowship, crafts, meals and other entertainment. To learn more about this challenge, please visit kimberlyconraddailypaintings.blogspot.com or amywhitehousepaintings.blogspot.com.

This is my first picture.

If you are interested, please contact me at friendsino@aol.com.  Please put "$50 painting" in the subject line.


Thanks
Carolyn
Senior Artist Getting Started (SAGS)

No comments:

Post a Comment